Thursday, January 27, 2011

Living in New York has never been easy and, honestly, I have never struggled as much as I have living here in the city. There hasn't been a week that's passed without a thought of wanting to give up, yet something keeps me here.

I don't know what or why.

I keep thinking that maybe all this needs to be perfect is a little bit more time and a little bit more patience. But maybe I just had to do this to realize that something else is better for me...

I'm not sure.

I don't know why I'm here or continue to be here.

I am afraid that when I go elsewhere I will miss this more than I think, but I am also afraid that if I stay here I will miss everything else because I'm too busy struggling to get by.

“Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats.” - Amos Bronson Alcott

No comments: